Turmeric Spice Latte
Our founder has struggled with joint health his entire life. Diagnosed with scoliosis in his teens, Steve has had to be exceptionally intentional about diet and exercise to maintain flexibility and reduce associated spasms. Few would know it, as his energy and activity level outpace individuals half his age. What are his secrets?
A daily regimen of stretches and strength training, reducing glutens, and supplementation with natural anti-inflammatories (no prescriptions in decades) are a way of life for our founder!
One beverage Steve recently discovered is a turmeric based latte, with cinnamon, ginger, and a touch of pepper (to aid absorption). It’s a decaffeinated way to unwind with huge benefits:
- Supports joint health (anti-inflammatory);
- Immune support: Natural antibacterial and antiviral;
- Improves cardio-vascular health and lowers risk of heart disease;
- Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases, Alzheimer’s, depression, and more.
- (Google Benefits of Turmeric Spice Latte)
In keeping with the Share Collective strategy of empowering people, we have developed an easy to use “all in one” powder we will offer this fall. All that is needed is to add this powder to your favorite whole organic heated milk or milk substitute, add honey, monk fruit, stevia (or your favorite sweetener), and stir until mixed thoroughly. Great at bedtime or in the evening when caffeine might prevent good sleep.
Updated Ingredients: organic turmeric, organic cinnamon, organic vanilla, organic ginger, raw organic coconut sugar, organic nutmeg, organic allspice, organic cayenne pepper, Himalayan salt. NOTE: Small fibers are from ginger root.
HOT Preparation: Like any "tea" steep one rounded teaspoon in 6 oz of hot whole, organic milk or milk substitute (approx. 2-3 minutes). We recommend straining into mug, however, the sediment is a very healthful way to get the powerful spices into your system.
- TRY THIS-- add a small scoop of coconut oil or butter and blend (ex: NutriBullet) for 3-4 seconds, pour into mug and top with ground nutmeg or cinnamon. It's a frothy treat!